When professors and students connect effectively, online teaching and learning become successful and productive. Depending on the setting and course, online education may have just positive characteristics or it may also have negative ones. The whole global higher education system has been shaken by the COVID-19 pandemic’s rapid global expansion. Different types of lockdowns were implemented in locations and nations all around the world as the virus spread. In a matter of days, most nations switched from face-to-face learning to online learning to preserve physical distance. (Paudel, P.,2021)
With the rise of online learning platforms, teachers are no longer restricted to teaching only in the classroom. They may now teach from anywhere. Without any restrictions, you can teach online and make money. It not only generates but also expands your options as a teacher, where formal education or punctuality are not restrictions. Either educate the entire group or concentrate on just one student.
Advantages and challenges faced in online teaching:
Although teaching has traditionally been seen as a respectable profession. Working remotely or online has its own set of pros and cons.
In this article, we will discuss some of the benefits and limitations of online education.
- You could have access to your schedule if you teach online.
- Their program will be entirely under your control.
- The freedom that comes with online learning is available to you.
- More time may be spent with both yourself and your family.
- You may earn money based on the services you offer while relaxing in your own home.
- Your working hours will be adaptable.
- Online teaching opens up more opportunities for interaction with students from different regions and regions and even countries.
- Offers teachers a productive means of teaching students.
- Students may attend lessons from any place of their choosing.
- Education and teaching can be costly. Through online learning and teaching, you might be provided with a variety of methods to save money. You can save money on transportation.
- The huge amount of time you may save compared to traditional classroom or training room instruction is one of the best things about online teaching.
- For instance, you might need to learn how to use online digital whiteboards. You might also need to practice utilizing a microphone and webcam. Similarly, it may take some time to adjust to the proper illumination at first.
- There are several online teaching platforms where you may make money and teach on your own time. However, there are still several challenges for teachers who teach online. These include
- Self-discipline is necessary for online learning since without it, you cannot properly carry out your daily activities.
- Individuals who must balance a career and their education frequently opt for remote employment. Due to the hard demands of the traditional institutions they cope with in contrast to the online institute where they operate, these lecturers are believed to be personally admitting that I find it tough to write my finance dissertation or my marketing research job.
- Teachers and students may feel isolated when there isn’t conversation and activity of other students in the classroom. As physically present as the classrooms are, you might not feel the same way.
- The experience of teaching in a classroom is different. Both students and teachers could feel less motivated to teach and learn.
Make money by teaching online:
What if we tell you that you could make money teaching online in the real world? And no, this isn’t a “get rich quick” scheme like the terrible financial advice that circulates online. It is real. You may genuinely make a monthly salary by sharing your skills, knowledge, and experience with eager students.
A learning environment that works for and benefits all students may be created by teachers who use technology effectively. They assist their students to make up for any missed classes and are always looking for new technologies that might be applied to improve the students’ learning. (ER, 2021)
Steps to teach online and make money:
The first thing you need to select is the style of online teaching you want to use if you are genuinely considering how to make money by teaching online. There are several possibilities according to your background, expertise, time availability, and, of course, the amount of money you hope to earn. There are different steps you must follow to begin teaching online.
To begin teaching online, you must first identify the subject that you are experienced in. It would be very beneficial for you to become a teacher if you have knowledge and experience working in any subject.
You will require a platform where you may register yourself after selecting your stream. There are several learning platforms available, and all you need to do is do a little research on each one.
Review each site and the benefits you will receive from joining it before signing up because each has its perks and cons. Join these platforms only after you’ve researched each platform.
Once you register on a platform you are ready to take classes with students. You may begin selling your courses on sites like Podia, Skillshare, and YouTube.
Depending on the platform, you may either get paid monthly or per class.
Online courses and video calls are only two of the many ways that online teachers teach others. If you have exceptional content and can reach your target audience, you can start selling online courses help such as buy Digital Marketing thesis or buy management assignments, or you can start hosting online classes that may be highly profitable. You can get started right away due to modern online platforms.
- Paudel, P. (2021). Online education: Benefits, challenges and strategies during and after COVID-19 in higher education. International Journal on Studies in Education, 3(2), 70-85.
- ER. 2021. 7 Characteristics Of Teachers Who Effectively Use Technology. Online Available at < https://eazyresearch.com/blog/7-characteristics-of-teachers-who-effectively-use-technology/> [Accessed on 35, January 2023].